Privacy | Equality & Diversity | Environmental | Anti-bribery & anti-corruption | Terms & Conditions
We take the protection of your personal data extremely seriously. We want you to be confident about using our website and our services so we aim to be clear and straightforward about how we collect, store and use your data.
What information we are collecting
Cookies are small text files containing information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk or mobile device. It helps the website to remember your actions and preferences over a period of time so you don’t have to re-enter them every time you come back. You can disable cookies however this will affect the functionality of the Deckchair website and any other site you visit.
We collect personal information via the contact us form that will be stored on our web servers that are hosted in the UK. We store your name and email address and any details you’ve given us about your enquiry. Deckchair will only use this data to contact you about the services your enquiry relates to.
How long will we keep your personal data
If you’ve used our contact us form we will retain these details as long as is necessary to fulfill your request.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend or delete any personal data that we hold about you. To do this or for any queries about your data please contact our Data Protection Officer email@example.com
Changes to this policy
We may, from time to time, update this policy if the services we offer on our website change, or how and what personal data we collect, store and process changes or if there are any changes to the data protection laws and regulations.
Deckchair’s registered office is 1 Heathcote Road, Fishponds, BS16 4DP and our company registration number is 3489234.
- The content of the pages of our websites are for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We don’t provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found on the websites for any particular purpose.
- Your use of any information or materials on the websites are entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through the websites meet your specific requirements.
- You may use our sites for legal purposes only. By using our sites you agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations.
- The websites contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- All trademarks reproduced on the websites, which are not the property of, or licensed to Deckchair, are acknowledged.
- From time to time, the websites may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).\
- Deckchair reserves the right not to publish any comment submitted via our websites that are obscene, offensive, threatening or promotes discrimination or any other illegal activity.
- Your use of the websites and any dispute arising out of such use of the websites is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
We are dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture amongst the whole workforce. It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the workplace.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our employment and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, no matter whether they are part-time, full-time, or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. When we select candidates for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit, it will be on the basis of their aptitude and ability.
All employees will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents. Therefore, the skills and resources of our organisation will be fully utilised and we will maximise the efficiency of our whole workforce.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a working environment that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, and to discipline those that breach this policy.
- To make training, development, and progression opportunities available to all staff.
- To promote equality in the workplace, which we believe is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can apply corrective measures.
- To encourage employees to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- To regularly review all our employment practices and procedures so that fairness is maintained at all times.
We will inform all employees that an equality and diversity policy is in operation and that they are obligated to comply with its requirements and promote fairness in the workplace. The policy will also be drawn to the attention of funding agencies, stakeholders, customers, learners, and job applicants.
Our equality and diversity policy is fully supported by senior management and will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity are continually promoted in the workplace.
We recognise that we have a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- We will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- We will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy n consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
We are committed to conducting business in an ethical and honest manner and are committed to implementing and enforcing systems that ensure bribery is prevented. We have zero-tolerance for bribery and corrupt activities. We are committed to acting professionally, fairly, and with integrity in all business dealings and relationships, wherever in the country we operate.
We will constantly uphold all laws relating to anti-bribery and corruption in all the jurisdictions in which we operate. We are bound by the laws of the UK, including the Bribery Act 2010, in regards to our conduct both at home and abroad. Full policy details here